
In gifted class, the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders are learning to play Chess. Chess is a game that involves a lot of critical thinking skills. You have to be able to concentrate well and have really good strategies. The goal of chess is to get the other person's king into check, and then eventually checkmate.
Here are the ways that each of the pieces can move:
Pawn: can move one or two spaces on the first move, one after that. Can capture other pieces by
moving diagonally. Once you get your pawn to your oponnants side of the board you can get a rook, knight, bishop, or queen.
Knight: can move two spaces away, and one space over , any directions. The knight is the only piece in the game that can jump over any piece.
Bishop: can move as many spaces as you want,diagonal only.
Rook: can move as many spaces as you want, vertically or horizontally only.
Queen: can move as many spaces as you want, any direction. The queen is the most powerful piece in the game so you should try to keep it safe along with the king.
King: can move one space, any direction. the king is the most important in the game so try to keep your king safe.
Written by: Mandy and Madison
11 comments:
thankyou for introducing me to chess!
Learning chess is so much fun!
Mandy
=)
mandy
I really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really
like chess.
-Colbi
We loved playing chess today.
Fifth grade
chess is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Playing chess was so much fun! I hope we do it again soon!
fith grade, Abigail
I love learning how to play chess and I can't wait to teach my family!
Julianna C.
hey i love chess it is a very fun game.
I love it!
=) ;) :>
Julianna C.
I love it!
=) ;) :>
Julianna C.
Post a Comment